Ive been banned from sixteen bars in three states, and now, I'm told, from Heaven too. So, wherever Heaven is, you wont see me hanging around the Pearly Gates waiting in a que. Rather, you may catch me at the strip bar down the road a bit, Its called the Terminal Bar and Cafe. Come on in, take your shoes off, set a spell, Heaven can wait a bit longer. Its not like its going anywhere.
Tuesday, January 30, 2024
guns and things that drive you to where you need to go
I had a conversation with a friend today, we got into this heated conversation about guns.
Guns aren't the problem he said, its the people who misuse them that are the problem.
Think about it, an auto is just as dangerous a weapon as a handgun. The controls aren't as stringent on autos either, anyone can get a license, as a matter of fact, many people drive without them.
You can kill just as easily with an auto. If one had the inclination, he (or she) could kill an entire group of people with one swipe at a crowded bus stop, and never worry about reloading.
Everyone should have a gun, and should be proud to own one. its our God-given right to hold a piece of cold steel with the potential of putting a hole in just about anything.
He said that. That's correct. He said "God given right!"
I thought about it long and hard, and I came to the conclusion that God is probably up there in Heaven strapped like Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry with his white gleaming teeth gritted as he growls something Godly like...
" Gwan heathen-punk, make my day!"
It was that image in my mind that made me the God-fearing, gun-toting, anti-communist, Pro-American, staunch republican bastard you will ever meet.
(just to set the record strait, I am NOT a God-fearing, gun-toting, anti-communist, Pro-American, staunch republican bastard)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I believe what I said was more like "We have a God given right to defend our life, and the lives of our loved ones." Before guns there were knives, arrows, swords, spears, clubs, and let's not forget the proverbial rock that Cain used on Able. People don't blame the car that hits the pedestrian, it is the negligence or willfulness of the person behind the instrument of destruction that is to be scrutinized.
Which brings me back to the original thought, God does not giveth and taketh away based on who has a license for a handgun, or a automobile, or a rock for that matter.
Post a Comment