Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Your dreams are Defunct

When I was younger I fancied myself a writer, I had dreams of someday writing a novel, literally my dreams would incorporate myself walking past a book store and being surprised to see copies of  my novel in the fucking window display.
The problem with that dream is that its not possible nor feasible to have a book in any storefront window for display. No one would read it. 
Let me rephrase, people may read the damn thing but not by holding a physical book with pages In their hands. That just isn't with the times! 
People riding public transportation will flip through virtual pages of my novel in their Kindle, web enabled cell phone or iPad. Providing they are even remotely interested in the fucking thing. But I sincerely doubt it. No one reads anymore. We live in a time of videos giving us short cupcake-vid views of the world. Cupcake because in the time it takes to peel the cute paper off a cupcake and pop the thing in ones mouth is about as long as the attention span is of the average American. One fucking cupcake second!
So what does it all mean? 
It means that I won't have to waste my time writing a novel that no one will ever read. Giving me more time to bake cupcakes and fuck my new girlfriend. Ahhhh! What a life we lead in these modern times...

No comments: