

The Heaven I Like To Call My Own
Ive been talking about Heaven quite a bit lately.
I think its time to explain why the sudden fascination with the place we all yearn to be in the afterlife.
In our mind we need to feel positive that there's a reason for everything.
We need the reassurance that life is more than a blink in time.
This is why throughout the ages mankind has worshipped everything from volcano's to King Kong, from the Sun in the heavens to a Son sent to us from even Higher above. And even from a number of Gods perched high atop Mount Olympus to Bokonon, (Kurt Vonnegut's religion in Cats Cradle, the same religion I listed on my USMC dog tags just below my name and blood type.)
Think of it, all these separate religions have but one thing in common. They assure us that we will live on long after our bodies have been regurgitated back into the earth.
I'm not saying here that any of these beliefs are wrong. And I would not argue any points in either direction for that matter. I just believe that here on earth, Ive found my own Heaven. And when I visit it, I sing this song by Berlin Irving...
Heaven
I'm in Heaven
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek
Heaven
I'm in Heaven
And the cares that hang around me through the week
Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek
There's a place just under the moon and the stars that I like to visit occasionally.
And when I'm there, its the only Heaven I truly believe in.
I submit to you, its more important to live a good life, be happy, and find your own Heaven on earth.
Because there's no time to waste.
Its all gone in just a blink.
Ive been talking about Heaven quite a bit lately.
I think its time to explain why the sudden fascination with the place we all yearn to be in the afterlife.
In our mind we need to feel positive that there's a reason for everything.
We need the reassurance that life is more than a blink in time.
This is why throughout the ages mankind has worshipped everything from volcano's to King Kong, from the Sun in the heavens to a Son sent to us from even Higher above. And even from a number of Gods perched high atop Mount Olympus to Bokonon, (Kurt Vonnegut's religion in Cats Cradle, the same religion I listed on my USMC dog tags just below my name and blood type.)
Think of it, all these separate religions have but one thing in common. They assure us that we will live on long after our bodies have been regurgitated back into the earth.
I'm not saying here that any of these beliefs are wrong. And I would not argue any points in either direction for that matter. I just believe that here on earth, Ive found my own Heaven. And when I visit it, I sing this song by Berlin Irving...
Heaven
I'm in Heaven
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek
Heaven
I'm in Heaven
And the cares that hang around me through the week
Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek
Oh! I love to climb a mountain
And to reach the highest peak
But it doesn't thrill me half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek
Oh! I love to go out fishing
In a river or a creek
But I don't enjoy it half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek
Dance with me
I want my arm about you
The charm about you
Will carry me through to
Heaven
I'm in Heaven
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek
And to reach the highest peak
But it doesn't thrill me half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek
Oh! I love to go out fishing
In a river or a creek
But I don't enjoy it half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek
Dance with me
I want my arm about you
The charm about you
Will carry me through to
Heaven
I'm in Heaven
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek
There's a place just under the moon and the stars that I like to visit occasionally.
And when I'm there, its the only Heaven I truly believe in.
I submit to you, its more important to live a good life, be happy, and find your own Heaven on earth.
Because there's no time to waste.
Its all gone in just a blink.
1 comment:
“Even when we allow our imaginations to run wild on the joys of heaven, we find that our minds are incapable of conceiving what it will be like.”
Post a Comment