Heaven, The Last Frontier
"Nummer sees sessty sesssss!"The voice over the scratchy speaker was louder now. It's sound reverberated my eardrums. I felt like reaching into my head and scratching the itch, I looked around, almost wanting to grab a straw and immediately jam it into my ears to alleviate that fucking irritating tickle.
Bradley let my hand go and I immediately began to feel the dizziness pass.
"What did you see Rick?" He was smiling now. His teeth were gleaming white. I looked up at the sodium vapor lights that were beaming down on him. He was fucking glowing! I rubbed my eyes, then looked at my broken watch again.
"Damn, my food better get here soon. I'm feeling really weird." I looked away from Bradley and turned towards the glass strong box packed with bags of Gold.
"What did you see?" He asked me again.
"How do you know I saw anything? I just shook your fucking hand is all!" I had enough of this Bradley guy, I was beginning to feel angry. I began to stand, I wanted to get away from this fucking weird guy before he pulled out a pencil and jammed it into my heart.
"You saw everyone you ever knew your entire life, all at once." He said matter of factly.
"Time is relative to the observer." He smiled his golden smile at me.
I felt ill, and sat back into the seat.
"Don't be so surprised. You know why I'm here don't you?" He looked at me slyly.
"What the fuck are you talking about?" My voice began to show a bit of drunken fear. The kind that prompts one to take on three or four men in a fist fight despite the fact it would be a losing proposition.
I looked around, everyone was staring at me now. Amazingly they weren't looking at Bradley, they were staring directly at me! As if I were the only person there.
" Heaven Rick. I'm talking about Heaven."
No comments:
Post a Comment