Friday, July 07, 2023

Damn its been a long time

So here I am again.
Late on a Friday night, well, semi-late.

How late is it you ask? Well let me categorize time as it relates to people.

The planet is divided into two separate thoughts as it relates to time.

The first have no real concept of time so its not that late, no matter what time it is. I happen to be a member of this group of people.


The second group consists of people that have nothing better to do than to watch bootlegged feature films on their laptop Friday nights while playing scrabble on their Ipad.
I cant remember when I advanced from group 2 to my current status.

The way I understand the "time thing" is, time passes in that proverbial blink of an eye.

I never appreciated the fact that it was me that people would follow. I went, and they were right there behind me saying "Yeah, lets go!"

Looking back at how I was back then I realize that I couldn't fully comprehend the implications of being followed and belonging to any kind of group.
Now that I'm much older, I still feel the way I did when I was doing those things when I actually belonged to something, only now I'm an outcast of all groups and belong nowhere.

When did this happen, why did it happen? Is it a sign of old age when one is supposed to sit back and reminisce of the days of yore while spending the evenings playing scrabble on the internet with some faceless person sitting at home doing the same thing? Is this an actual group? If it is, how did I end up here?

When I look at the person staring back at me every morning brushing his teeth I wonder where that other person went. The person that had such goals in life, that invincible square jawed smooth skinned face with light brown hair, I stare and try to find some remnants of that person.
He's all but gone. What and who has taken his place is the mystery to me.
Damn, its been a long time.

No comments: